Cotty earned a Bachelor of Science in Engineering – Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering from the University of Michigan, as well as a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of New Hampshire. His specialties include marine propulsion, hydrodynamics, and computational fluid dynamics (CFD). As a hobby, Cotty enjoys photography.
Cotty’s specialties continued
- Non-linear finite elements
- 15 years experience in shipyards
- 15 years experience in manufacturing engineering
- 12 years experience in engineering consulting, product development and integration
- Awards: Professional Engineer – State of Washington, Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Charter Naval Architect in United Kingdom and Europe, and Elected Fellow of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME)